תלונה שהוגשה לרשם העמותות בפנסילבניה נגד מגייסי הכספים של עמותת אל"י בארה"ב בשל הטעיית הנדבנים הפילנתרופים, וגיוס כספים ללא רישיון להתרמות. תלונה נוספת מוגשת נגד מייקל הרש ישירות ל FBI . התנועה למען עתיד ילדינו חשפה עוד התרמות המבוצעות בפלורידה דרך עמותת "קרן דרך אלוקים לערכי היהדות",
Derech Elokim Fund For Jewish Values , 19651 Ne 19th Place, Miami, FL33179-366 Tel 1 (305) 778-7971
גם נגד ההתרמות בפלורידה יוגשו תלונות פדרליות עד שיפסקו ההתרמות הבלתי חוקיות.
Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations
207 North Office Building, Harrisburg, PA 17120
Phone – (717) 783-1720
Toll-free within PA – (800) 732-0999
Fax – (717) 783-6014
RE: COMPLAINT AGAINST Mr. MICHAEL HERSCH
ELI's Director of Development
The subject, Michael Hersch, a resident of Pennsylvania, of 1009 Delene Road Rydal PA – 19046 purports to solicit donations on behalf of “American Friends of ELI”. Eli is a business in Israel which allegedly caters to children at risk.
A search of Pennsylvania’s DOS Charities Online Database reveals that he does not maintain a license pursuant to The Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act, 10 P. S. § 162.1 et seq ., which requires fundraising counsels to register with the Bureau of Charitable Organizations prior to providing services related to solicitations in Pennsylvania. If they do not register, they can be fined up to $1,000 per violation and assessed additional penalties of up to $100 per day. Under Section 8(d) of the Act, 10 P. S. § 162.8(d), fundraising counsels must also submit copies of their contracts with charitable organizations to the Bureau at least ten working days prior to providing services related to solicitation activity in Pennsylvania. If they fail to do so, or provide services before their contracts are approved by the Bureau, fines of up to $1,000 per violation and additional penalties of up to $100 per day can be imposed.
According to ELI’s own reports, $800,000 a year is donated from the United States. However, the web site, eli-usa.org contains false and misleading information:
- The web site which Hersch presents to the public claims that the money donated in the US goes to a “safe House” for children. This is utterly false. ELI charges the Israeli Government the full cost of operating the safe house, and in fact inflates the bill five times. Whereas it costs ELI 3,000 NIS, $750 per month to accommodate a child, it charges the Government 17,000 NIS per child per month ($4,250). Clearly the safe house not only funds itself in Israel, it yields a 500% profit. The American donors are clearly mislead.
- Mr. Hersch does not tell Americans that the safe house accommodates only 15 children, and no more. It gives the false impression that it is a huge operation, by making vague assertions such as “Eli caters to an area where 1,000,000 people reside”. Still Eli’s house is only allowed to accommodate 15 people.
- The pictures are false and misleading. In the web site there is a picture of a bright white neat building with flowers. In reality, that is not the safe house. The safe house is a dilapidated, horrendous conditions, infested with rodents, bunk beds, and prison type security. The web site says that the children get contact with parents three tiomes a week. In fact, it is a secluded closely guarded children prison, with no parent access. Even members of Knesset were denied access.
- Hersch publishes pictures of children with full face to gain sympathy. It is illegal in Israel to take outplaced children’s photos.
- Hersch touts a picture of a bus as a “mobile clinic”. In fact, no such bus exists and it is a dangerous activity to randomly interview children without the parents’ agreement, with the sole purpose of removing them, from parental care to the safe house or additional coercive treatment.
The offending website Domain ID:D165808133-LROR, Domain Name:ELI-USA.ORG, was created on:12-Jun-2012 22:27:53 UTC. Therefore, please assess the penalties upon said illegal solicitor.
Filed under: רווחה | מתויג: FBI, היתעללות בילדים, התנועה למען עתיד ילדנו, חניתה צימרין, מייקל הירש, פלורידה, קרן אלוקים לערכי היהדות, רשם העמותות האמריקאית | Leave a comment »